Sunday, September 25, 2011

Deborah Lippmann Today Was a Fairytale

Hi guys! For today, I have Today Was a Fairytale, from Deborah Lippmann's Winter 2010 Collection. I haven't worn some hardcore glitter in a while, so it was time.
Also, all these pictures are with artificial light and no flash because DC hasn't had any sunlight in like 500 years. I'll probably add some sunlit pictures at a later date (if I don't forget/am too lazy) because glitter is nothing without sunlight. 


Today Was a Fairytale (or TWaF as it shall henceforth be known) is a barely blue tinted base packed with big and small silver hex glitter. 


And here's a bottle shot, because I feel the first picture doesn't really show the detail well. 







       When TWaF first came out, I was not impressed. It was too expensive, seemed uninspired, and worst of all, reminded me of Taylor Swift, who I cannot stand. But beauty.com had a good sale, and I decided to pick it up despite my misgivings. Now that I have it on my nails, I feel kind of bad for dismissing it so quickly, because it's actually a little bit awesome. The glitter is super blingy and the different sizes give it some great visual texture. They also did a good job with the base, because it has just enough color for TWaF to look good on its own and layered over stuff. I really want to put it over New York Summer Amaranth for Slytherin-related reasons. But I stand by my assertion that the virgin diamond dust thing is some bullshit, because it doesn't show up on the nail. Wtf is a virgin diamond though?
    TWaF's formula wasn't bad. It went on fairly smoothly for chunky glitter, dried fast, and as long as I waited a little bit between coats, the glitter wasn't prone to shifting about. In the pictures, I have on four coats of polish and two layers of topcoat and am happy with the coverage and smoothness. 

And finally, my 400 Follower Giveaway was supposed to end yesterday, but I'm going to extend it until Monday. So if you'd still like to enter, you have a little extra time for that.
But that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have an awesome Sunday!!