Monday, August 30, 2010

Maybelline Gray-T Glamour

            I wish fall would come. I want the leaves to change, and the weather to get cool. I want to bust out my sweatshirts and boots, and I want the wind to blow. But I don't think I'll be getting any of that good stuff any time soon. Well..the wind might blow soon. There's supposedly a hurricane coming, and his name is Earl. I think that's such a friendly name for a hurricane. 
            Anyway, my desire for fall was so great that I decided to paint my nails a nice, fall-y color. I went back and forth a bit, but ended up with Maybelline Gray-T Glamour from the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Collection. 


Gray-T Glamour (G-T Glam from here on out) is a cool grey creme base with a ton of crystalline secret shimmer. The grey is hard to describe. It definitely leans a little blue, but the shade is hard to pinpoint. Indoors, it's definitely dark grey, but in sunlight, it lightens up considerably soo...idk. 

 
Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.
You can really see the shimmer here. 

Sunlight, no flash.
I just like this picture. ^_^'

        I'm ashamed to say it, but I really like G-T Glam. I admittedly have a soft spot for grey polish (it's just so unusual) but this is a really nice one. The grey is full and saturated, instead of being dingy or washed out. And it's dark enough to look nice on my skin (light greys look horrible on me), but not so dark that it's overtly severe. I think it would look great on many other skin tones as well.
       Application-wise, Gray-T Glamour was not so disappointing. It was a little...I don't know...weird to put on. Like, it was kind of thick? I can't explain it...but bottom line is, the formula didn't feel quite right. It kind of...stuck when I was trying to put it on. I don't know! But it was easiest to apply it when I loaded up the brush and did thick coats. G-T Glam took two coats to be opaque, but I used three to smooth out some places where it was a little streaky and uneven. Dry time was really good. Not fifty second good, but good. It was almost completely hardened by the time I was done taking pictures. And it dries darker than when you put it on.
       Even though I like the color, I have some complaints. I don't like that at one point, a poor bunny had Gray-T Glamour smeared on its poor skin. I also wish the shimmer had been a little more noticeable. And the price sucks. Full retail was $4.15. Call me a miser, but that's a little bit too much for this polish. It's cute, but not that cute. I waited for a sale and got it for $2.39, which is pretty much what it's worth. So if you get it, I suggest you wait for a sale. 

    And that's all I've got for today. Have a great night, guys!