Sunday, April 24, 2011

Zoya Cheryl + Lower Keys Marsh Rabbit

          Happy Easter everyone!! 
          With today being what it is, I thought it would be fitting to look at an adorable and completely non-creepy little bunny. Meet the Lower Keys Marsh Rabbit:


     
    Although people in the U.S. generally think that we have too many rabbits, this particular one is in some real trouble. It only eats the plants that are found on the mid to high marshlands of the Florida Keys, making it particularly susceptible to environmental pollution and habitat degradation. The Lower Keys Marsh Rabbit also gets into altercations with cats and dogs, with the household pets usually winning. :(

  Based on the Lower Keys Marsh Rabbit's beautiful chocolate brown fur, I chose to wear Zoya Cheryl, from their Wicked Collection.

Cheryl is made of chocolate brown and like...rose-ish? flat and metallic shimmer pieces in a deep mahogany base. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Cheryl will always be very near and dear to my heart, because it was gifted to me by the wonderful Kris over at My Lucid Bubble. But even if it had been a regular polish, I would still like it. Cheryl is so pretty! The shade of brown is strong and flattering, and it does that beautiful bright in the center, dark at the edges thing that I love so much. The flecks of shimmer also give it some nice sparkle and depth.. I still don't like brown polish, but Cheryl can be the exception to that rule. ^_^
     As far as formula goes, Cheryl's was quite good. I needed three coats for the opacity and depth that I like, and it went on nicely. I also found the dry time to be quite agreeable. 

And that's all from me today. n_n
 Thanks for reading, and I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Easter!!