Friday, April 22, 2011

Milani Cyberspace + Blue Iguanas!

  Firstly, Happy Happy Earth Day to everyone! I hope everyone is wearing their party pants, because it's a celebration! 

I sure am. n_n

Today's animal is the Blue Iguana. It also goes by the Grand Cayman Iguana.




    Blue iguanas can also be grey, green, or brown, but the blue ones are the prettiest, I think. They live on Grand Cayman island in the Caribbean, and were being wiped out because their homes were being used to build roads and houses. They also get killed by cats, dogs, and people driving in their cars. The good news is that people are working hard to keep the left over ones safe. But there are still very few of them on Earth and they have to live on preserves, which is sad. 

Since these iguanas come in so many colors and today being what it is, I went with Cyberspace, from Milani's amazing 3D Holographic Collection.

Cyberspace is a cornflower blue base with lots of flat and kind of flakey holographic particles in it. The particles come together to form a fairly strong and shattered but linear holo effect. If that makes sense. And as always, my camera dulled the holo some. Hater. -____-

Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Gratuitous thumb shot. 
I like thumbs. They give you the power to tie your shoelaces and text.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Well, I have little to say about this guy. Clearly, it is gorgeous and fabulous. If holos get your motor running, I highly suggest waiting for a Milani BOGO and then marching to your nearest drugstore and picking Cyberspace up.  
    Formula-wise, Cyberspace was okay and application was straightforward. All I needed were three easy coats and a thin layer of topcoat for a perfect look. 

Then I had the brilliant (read: stupid)  idea to put some China Gaze Black Mesh on top. I like the color combo, but the holo-ness was ruined. *sad horns*




    I really hope that we can take out some time today (and every day) to really appreciate our spectacular planet. It truly is special...it's the only one in our solar system and most likely in our galaxy that can support life as we know it. So if we mess this place up, that's it. There really isn't anywhere else for us to go, and even if there were, it would suck butt. It would be like Wall-E or Pandorum or Bladerunner. Or even The Matrix. I don't want my descendants to live messed up lives because my generation couldn't get our shit together. So we should all do our very best (even if it's kind of inconvenient) to be nicer to the Earth and to get others to be nice as well. 

Also, if you have some extra time today, I urge you to calculate your footprint. And watch Planet Earth! It's fun and  educational too! ^_^)

Okay, I'm done now. Thanks for reading, and have a most beautiful Earth Day!!