Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Diamond Cosmetics Tranquility

          The next blue I'll be showing is Diamond Cosmetics Tranquility. I think it was released as part of last year's Spring Collection, and with spring finally showing up around here, I thought it would be fitting. 

Tranquility is a very pale and slightly muted baby blue creme.
My camera picked a little bit too much up on the blue and made this a tab bit too bright...in reality, the polish has a bit more green to it and is less saturated. Think of a washed out Tiffany blue. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Tranquility is lovely. I found it to be pretty and springy, and although I was expecting something more saturated, I like the slightly muted quality of it. My only complaint was that I found it a bit stark for my tastes. If they could have softened it up a bit, perhaps by giving it more of a cloudy jelly-ish finish (a la RBL Bikini Bottom), that would have been better. Even so, I'm still glad to have this color...I have so few blue cremes, and this one is nice, especially for the price. 
    When I saw Tranquility in person, I steeled myself for a horrible application, but I was pleasantly surprised. It went on easily, and was opaque and smooth in two coats. I could have gone for another one, because in some of the pictures, it looks a bit ridge-y, but I'm still happy with how Tranquility turned out. Dry time was also very good.

And that's all for today! Thanks for reading! n_n