Tuesday, April 26, 2011

China Glaze Lighthouse + Crushed Candy

           I was picking out a color to wear today when it hit me that I really need to get rid of some of my children.  I love them, but this is getting out of control. Plus, I have to go home soon. My family hasn't seen my stash in a year, and it's kind of doubled in size. I don't want to hear any concerned speeches or have to deal with Hoarders knocking on my door, so yeah...time to purge. I've gone through my worn polishes, so now I just have to start on my untrieds.
First on the chopping block is China Glaze Lighthouse, from the Anchors Away Collection.


Lighthouse is a sheer lemon yellow base packed with gold glass-fleck shimmer pieces.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
I blurred a little to show off the sparklies.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    I went back and forth on Lighthouse, but I'm glad that I bought it. It would look better on someone with a darker skin tone, but I don't think it looks terrible on me. And objectively, Lighthouse is quite pretty. The shimmer keeps me from looking like I have a terrible nail disease, and I love how it sparkles in the sun. 
   But as pretty as Lighthouse is, the formula gave me a headache. It applied smoothly, but it was so sheer and thin. I ended up doing one layer of Barielle Natural Nail Camouflage, another layer of Essie Limo-Scene, three layers of Lighthouse, and one layer of topcoat. It was so hard. Haha that's what she said. But no really, it was alot of work. 

I also added some China Glaze Crushed Candy to the mix. This was a combo that I'd been wanting to try forever, but the results were less than...awesome. 



   It would have been nice, but those damn ripples came along and messed it up. I don't know if they were because of all the layers or what. 

 But anyway, Lighthouse can stay. It is unique in my collection, plus I really do like it.
And that's all for today. Thanks for reading, and have a nice day!