Sunday, September 19, 2010

Urban Decay Cult

            This past summer, I bought three old school Urban Decay polishes and posted about two of them here. I meant to do the last one, only I kept on getting distracted by other shineh things, so I never got around to it. But today, I'm going to rectify that situation, because I am wearing Urban Decay Cult. And I'm gonna show it to you. Muahaha. 


I took this picture a few months ago, which is why my thumb looks like that. But anyways, Cult is a seagreen to blue metallic polish (I'm reluctant to call it a foil) with a ton of gold shimmer. 

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

        Cult is such a pretty polish, and to me, it's very unique. It's like a mermaid-y foil, which I've never seen before. In most of the pictures, it looks blue, although it can look very green too. It's not a duochrome, but Cult is one of those polishes that is highly affected by the lighting situation. In sunlight and natural light, it looks blue. But I notice that in artificial lighting, it will go green. Like right now, I'm in my room and my nails look perfectly seagreen. I just couldn't capture that in a photo. :( Anyway, it's an awesome color. 
    Cult applied okay too...it was a little on the thick side and for a minute, I was a little concerned about brush strokes. But it went on okay and without bubbling, and with the help of one layer of topcoat, it dried quickly and evenly. I don't know if it's B3F though...it doesn't smell of chemically goodness, and that + the label is how I usually tell.
   I paid $4 for this (that includes shipping) and I'd definitely say it was a bit of a steal, especially because this color is discontinued. It's still available on ebay for a reasonable price too. 
  
  My internet acting up again, and I'm tired of fighting with it, so I'm going to go burn this shitty dorm down do non-virtual things. *shudders* I hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing Sunday!