Wednesday, September 8, 2010

OPI Peach-A-Boo!

            Today, I'm wearing Peach-A-Boo! from OPI's Retro Fun in the Sun Collection, released Summer 2008. I was in the mood for something light and girly, and this definitely fit the bill.


Peach-A-Boo! is a sheer, pale, and slightly metallic shade of apricot, packed with pink shimmer. It's not showing up really in the picture, but it's there. There's also a bit of gold and pink duochrominess going on.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
This one shows a little of the duochrome. 

Sunlight, no flash.
This one shows more of it. 

     I really like Peach-A-Boo!. This is exactly what I wanted Nubar Peach Sherbet to be. It's very delicate and feminine thanks to the pale shade and the sheerness, but the sparkle and duochrome keeps it from being too boring. In fact, I kept on looking at my hands today, trying to figure out exactly what Peach-A-Boo! was. Sometimes, it would be more pink, and other times, it would be firmly peach. Sometimes, it would just be shimmery and sparkly, and other times, it looked more like a frost. I didn't like when it looked like a frost, but whatever. The main point is that it was interesting and fun to look at. And the name is just adorable. 
    Applying Peach-A-Boo! was rather easy. Being a sheer polish, it did have a thin formula, but it was easy to spread across the nail. There was no bubbling, dragging, or any other sort of tomfoolery. The pictures are with four thin coats of color, and one layer of topcoat. To reach opacity, I'd imagine that one would need about six or seven coats. And there's always the option of layering over a black, or a creme polish in a matching shade of peach. I'm sure it'd look awesome over black.
    Okay, that's all I have for today. Have a great night!