Saturday, September 4, 2010

OPI Concord Grape

           Good afternoon, everyone!! Today, I am excited, because I'm wearing a polish that I've been anticipating for a long long time, and I really want to show it to you guys! It's called Concord Grape, and is from OPI's New England Collection.


Concord Grape is a dark, shimmery and smoky blue-based purple. My camera over-exaggerated the shimmer. In real life, it's much more subtle. 

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Throwback label. 

        I really truly love Concord Grape. It's such a pretty and complex shade of purple, sometimes looking straight up purple and other times, looking closer to silver/grey. I couldn't capture that because the light in my room sucks butt. But yeah, it's pure gorgeousness and I definitely consider it one the top five purples in my collection.
       And the perfection did not stop there. Concord Grape's formula (chock full of chemically and toxic goodness ^_^) glided on like butter, which made for an effortless application. The brush was a good width too. I was able to paint my nails in three easy strokes, without getting a ton of polish all over my cuticles and stuff. Sadly, dry time left a little to be desired. I painted my nails and went to bed about an hour later, but there were still sheet marks when I woke up this morning. But that could be because I used a Big 3 Free topcoat. 
     Concord Grape was released in Winter 1998, which means that they don't make it no more. But it's still available for a relatively reasonable price on eBay and some other online retailers. 
     And that's all I have for today. Have an awesome Saturday!