Monday, September 27, 2010

CQ Gem Green

            Okay, confession time. My nails currently look a hot mess. I've been wearing Masquerade Ball since Saturday, and haven't had time for a full change. And because of the chips, I can't just layer something or konad over it. Add in that we are having some crappay weather here in the District, and you have a recipe for blog fail. So I'm going to show you guys something from my backlog. Meet CQ Gem Green, from the core line.
          
Gem Green is a pale and silvery mint green polish, with very weak holographic shimmer. My camera has a blue fetish, so it gave the pictures a bit too much turquoise. In reality, it's actually thisclose to being a perfect match for those green snuggies.  I forgot to take a picture of my hand next to my snuggie. 
But here's a generic picture:

If you don't have a snuggie, please get one. It will change your life.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Gem Green was such a wonderful find for me. I think the shade of green is pretty unique. I can't even really describe it correctly. It's like there was a pale mint green, and they added a little bit of turquoise, a little bit of silver, and a touch of grey, and they all came together to make this gorgeous dirty green. When I leave my hand flat on the table, I see the dirty mint green, but when I lift my fingers a little, there's a more vibrant green that comes out in the center of the nail. It's very pretty. I'm a fan of the shimmer too, even though it doesn't make for a very good holographic effect. Like, if I look closely or hold my hand a certain way, I can see the holo-ness. But most of the times, I can't. 
    Gem Green also had a nice formula. It wasn't too thick or thin, and it didn't apply badly. I needed two coats for opacity, and then one more  thicker one to make it perfectly smooth. In these pictures, I didn't add topcoat, because the holo was already super weak, and I didn't want to completely kill it. But even without the topcoat, dry time was good. By the time I was done taking pictures (about 15-20 minutes) it was completely dry, and had a little gloss and shine to the surface. 

   And there's a winnah for my giveaway! I only had ten entries, so I thought that Random.org would be overkill. I asked the security guard to pick a number between 1 and 10, and he picked 9. Entry 9 was Li Lian from shortwidenails, so she was the winnah! Yayy! And thanks to the lovely ladies who participated! ^_^

And that's all I've got for today. Take care, everyone!