Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nubar Raspberry Truffle

           Yesterday, I was feeling like fall again. I wish it would just come already. So I dug out Nubar Raspberry Truffles, from the Chocolate Truffle Collection and put it on. It was created for fall. Literally. ^_^


Raspberry Truffle is a deep chocolate brown creme base with a bunch of shimmer. The shimmer is a little hard for me to pinpoint...for the most part, it's wine colored and gives the base an attractive burgundy-ish cast. But I think it's a little duochromatic, because it does look gold to me in some lights. It's more obvious in the bottle though. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.
This was the best picture I could get of the shimmer looking gold...you probably have to enlarge it, because it's pretty...subtle. 

Sunlight, no flash.

        Okay, confession time....I don't wear brown things. I don't wear brown nail polish, and I don't wear brown clothes. It's not that there's anything wrong with brown things. After all, I am a brown thing. But something about the color brown makes me not want to wear it. So I was really surprised when I noticed that Rasberry Truffle, from Nubar's Chocolate Truffles Collection was calling out to me from my computer screen. And I'm even more surprised to find that I really like it! I think it's because of the burgundy-ish thing that it has going on. And also because the shimmer is gorgeous...in sunlight, it sparkles and pops from the base. It doesn't sparkle in low light, but it still makes its presence known. The color of the shimmer is perfect too...it makes me think of fall-ish things, like apple orchards, Cabernet Sauvignon, and changing leaves. I get changing leaves especially when the goldish thingy comes out. 
       My only complaint about the color would be that something seems a little...off with Raspberry Truffle's base. It's dark, but for some reason, it's not like....rich. I don't know. It just looks a tad bit muted to me. I was hoping for a slightly more robust brown. And I wish the shimmer duochromish thing was more obvious. 
       Raspberry Truffle applied really nicely though. The formula was a nice consistency, and went on smoothly without dragging or bubbling. I used three coats for these pictures, although it might have been fine in two. Nubar makes such nice things. 
      But that's all I've got for today. Have an awesome weekend, everyone!