Saturday, April 7, 2012

China Glaze Riveting

I know my last post was full of orangeness, but I guess I have one more for you guys still. Here's China Glaze Riveting, from their Colors of The Capitol Collection. 


Riveting is a vibrant but slightly burnt orange jelly base with tons of golden glass-flecks floating in it. 
Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Ottlite, no flash.

Ottlite, no flash.

Ottlite, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    When I heard that China Glaze was doing a Hunger Games themed collection, I was really excited. I've always considered them to be one of the more creative mainstream brands out there and THG included some incredible visuals for them to draw from, so I really thought they would turn out some magic. I ended up being really disappointed though....the collection was so boring and in my opinion, not worthy of being associated with THG. I know that's kind of harsh, but this is nail polish and books/movies. It's not a game, people! 
     But in all the gloom and doom, Riveting (inspired by District 3, which supplies Panem with technological goodies) was one bright spot. And I do mean bright...the shade of orange is one of those awesome ones that are deep but still very vibrant and eye-catching. I also love how the glass-flecks sparkle in the sunlight, but in regular light, glow with this gorgeous intensity. They also stand out well against the base shade, and the whole thing works together to be an amazingly satisfying and beautiful polish. It kept a smile on my face all day and also won me a few compliments, which was nice. 
    Riveting also features a fab formula. I only needed two layers of polish for full opacity, although I think three is needed for the maximum depth of color. I used three for the pictures. But anyway, the polish went on super-smoothly, was easily controlled, and dried quickly with no incident. I am such a happy camper with Riveting. It's absolutely marvelous.

But that's all I've got for today! 
Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone is having an awesome Saturday!