Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hunger Games Stuff!!

      Hi guys!!
So yesterday, I got to go see The Hunger Games in IMAX, and it was a super-glorious experience. Like all film adaptions, it didn't quite match up to what I expected from reading the book, but I really did enjoy it. Except for in Effie's case, I think they could have been a little more creative with the makeup and wardrobe, I wish they had paid closer attention to detail (they forgot President Snow's rose a few times for example), and I wish they had stayed truer to the book because they cut out some parts that I felt were important, but despite those quibbles, it was definitely worth seeing.


Also, I was really pleasantly surprised by Peeta! When I heard who was playing him, I was like no no no nooo this shit is not going to work. But Josh Hutcherson did a really good job...once he started acting, I forgot my complaints and started being able to root for him the way that I did when I was reading his character in the books, so that was a relief. Nothing is worse than watching a movie and having this one character ruin it for you LOL. But enough blabbing about the movie...I don't want to spoil it for others. I will just say that it was great, and if you are still on the fence about seeing it, I think you should do it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.


But anyway, for this momentous occasion, I of course had to do a girl on fire mani. I suck at free-handing or making nice-looking flames (I know because I tried), so I just did a little konad stamp-on thing.
Sunlight, no flash. 

Ottlite, no flash.
Close up of the design.


Sunlight, no flash.

    This was pretty simple to do. I did two layers of China Glaze Electrify (I'll review that by itself soon), and put a layer of topcoat. After letting it dry, I used Color Club Where's the Soiree? to stamp on a vaguely flame-y pattern from one of my random knockoff konad plates. Then, I put a red gem in the gap at the top of the flame-y pattern, sealed it all in with topcoat, and that was it. So yep, very easy. 
    I was also really happy with how it came out. The black flame-y thing pops out great against the glittery base, and the gem pops out nicely from the black. And in sunlight, the base is so sparkly that it really does look like my nails are on fire. I don't really like how the pictures look (toooo much detail lol), but in person, it's beautiful and didn't look like Beetlejuice at all for once. I was so proud of myself ahahaha. I also got compliments all day, and some people were even able to guess that I was going to see/had seen the movie that day, so that was nice. 

I also did my eye makeup like one of my favoritee characters in the whole series, Cinna. I know, I usually don't show makeup and will most likely never do it again, but I was so excited that even with my makeup ineptitude, I didn't come out looking crazy LOL. So I wanted to share. 

Here was the original look:

And this was my version:
This was also really easy. I used a thin liner brush to put some primer and then some Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy close to my lashline. Then I used a little water and glycerin to apply Shiro Cosmetics Triforce  over the Pixie Epoxied part of my skin. On top of that, I did a thin line of Wet n Wild's Creme Eyeliner in black. Then, put some pencil liner on the inner lids, both top and bottom. The last thing I did was to curl my lashes and apply Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume. 
   I was nervous that I would look like a freak, because the gold was very bright and intense, but I actually got alot of compliments, which was nice because no one ever compliments my face lol. So yep, it was an all around good day. 

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has an awesome weekend! And if you've seen the movie and want to talk about it, please comment! I'd love to hear what ya'll thought about it.