Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nina Ultra Pro Swatches

      Ahh these past few days have been such nail fail. I don't know why, but it's like every swatch and every picture is doomed to be terrible. And I found a split in my nail, which made me mad because I haven't gotten one in ages. So I think I'm just not gonna bother with my nails until Friday, and then I'll try again. In the meanwhile, I have a couple of Nina Ultra Pro colors from the backlog. 


First up, there's Never Glum Plum.


Never Glum Plum is a slightly dark purpley-grey creme. 
Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

      lol, I kind of miss these nails. But anyway, Never Glum Plum is a great color. It's a little dark, a little smokey, a little purple-y and a little grey, all of which I like. I also think it's very flattering and chic, especially as a fall and winter mani. 
     Never Glum Plum applied well. I only needed two super smooth layers for opacity, and the formula was pleasantly thin. 

Next is Emerald City. 


Emerald City is a straightforward shimmery emerald green.
Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


    I applied Emerald City fulling expecting to not like it. It seemed like it would be generic and a little blah, but I think I was wrong about that. In sunlight, it turned out to be much richer and deeper than I expected. However, when I look at Emerald City in comparison to other shimmery greens that I have, I probably won't want to wear it much, just because the actual color isn't as interesting as the others. So it goes in the purge pile. 
    Formula-wise, Emerald City was okay. It was a bit thin, so care was required, but it was opaque in three coats and dried quickly.


And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a great Wednesday!