Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Barielle Falling Star

      For today, I have Barielle Falling Star from the All Lacquered Up Collection. 


Falling Star is a saturated deep periwinkle creme base, filled with small copper hex glitter. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Falling Star is pretty and I was happy to see that it didn't look like toad skin at all. Barielle chose a rich, flattering and eye-catching shade of blue, and the copper glitter creates some beautiful contrast against it. I also like the amount and size of the glitter, because it allows the glitter to be a noticeable accent without being garish or looking like a craft project. 
    Formula-wise, Falling Star was not as bad as Sweet Addiction, but it was still uncomfortably thick and gluey. I used two coats for opacity, and was relieved to find that with topcoat, it dried pretty smoothly, but I'm still gonna drop some thinner in it.

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a great Tuesday!!