Monday, July 18, 2011

Barielle Sweet Addiction

         A little bit ago...maybe in May, Barielle had a one day 50% off sale. I'd been interested in their stuff for a while, so when that happened, I went and placed myself a little order. Sadly, it was too early for me to get anything from their new collection, but I still thought it would be fun to make this Barielle Week around here. So to kick it off, here's Sweet Addiction from their Sugar Rush Collection. 

Sweet Addiction is a slightly dusty jade green creme. 
I couldn't get the dustiness to come out on the screen, and I think it may be a bit greener than it looks in my pictures. My camera clearly can't play nicely with greens. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    I fell in love with Sweet Addiction's color right away. The smoky but still kind of bright shade of green was so pretty, and it looked so cheerful and sweet that I couldn't help but smile when I looked at my nails.
    However, the formula was kind of bad for me. It was very thick and gluey, and it was so hard to get it to level correctly, which I feel comes across in the pictures. It also bubbled like mad. The upside is that Sweet Addiction dried quickly and was opaque in just two coats, or one thick coat if you were a good polisher. 
    Although Sweet Addiction gave me hell, I'm not quite ready to let it go. It's so pretty, you know? So I think I'm gonna drop some thinner in it and try again later. If it works out better, I'll update this post with new pictures. 

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a happy happy Monday!! ^_^