Friday, July 8, 2011

Diamond Cosmetics Chunky Red Glitter

         So yesterday was my sister's birthday, and although the real celebration won't be until today, I still wanted to wear something sparkly and fun on my nails to celebrate the occasion. I also need to get through my Diamond Cosmetics stuff, so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and wear Diamond Cosmetics Chunky Red Glitter, layered over Color Club Pretty in Platinum. 


Chunky Red Glitter is made of large and small red hex glitter in a clear base. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Chunky Red Glitter is a basic polish, but it has lots of impact. In lower light, the glitter is glowy and kind of takes on a two-toned look, where some glitter looks brighter and some looks darker. And in sunlight, there's no sparkle, but it's still pretty flashy and reflective. This particular combination kind of reminds me of chicken pox or peppermint, but I still like it, LOL. 
    Formula-wise, Chunky Red Glitter was a bit tough. The base was a little thicker than I would have liked, and to get the type of glitter payoff that I like, I needed to swirl the brush and sort of nudge the larger glitters into place. The good news is that it dries super quick and was surprisingly smooth. The pictures are with two layers of Chunky Red Glitter over two coats of Pretty in Platinum, and as always, a generous layer of topcoat to seal the deal.

And that's all for today! Thanks for reading, and have a gorgeous Friday!