Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NARS Zulu

        The weather cleared up a bit, so I was able to take a few minutes and get some pictures of the polish that I've been wearing for the past few days. Yay! This is NARS Zulu, from their 2010 Vintage Nail Collection.


Zulu is a blackened forest green jelly. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    I've worn Zulu about five times since I bought it (which is alot for me) and I still am so enamored with it. Between the depth and darkness of the shade and the glossy, squishy finish, it's so uber sexy and I cannot stop looking at my hands when I have this on. The only issue with Zulu is that in almost any light, the wearer will be the only one who can tell that it's actually green. And indoors, even I had trouble convincing myself of its greenness. So I'd probably only recommend Zulu to green fiends, NARS fans, or people with serious lemmings. If you're none of the above and are just searching for a pretty dark green, I think you'd be happier with Illamasqua Rampage, because it's actually...green. Ha, I said green like forty times in the past three sentences. 
   Formula-wise, Zulu was okay. It was opaque but a bit streaky in two coats, and if you want a polish that actually reads green, that would be your best bet. I ended up going with three coats, which knocked out alot of the green color but resulted in a perfectly smooth finish. Zulu dried quickly and glossy, but I went with a layer of Seche Vite on top to really give me that wet sealskin look that I like. 

And that's all for today! Thanks for reading, and have a great day!