Monday, May 2, 2011

NARS Mash vs. OPI At Your Quebec and Call

      As I was decluttering my stash, I ran across OPI At Your Quebec and Call. I felt that it was pretty, but wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it or not, because I thought that I had a dupe in NARS Mash. To be sure, I procrastinated on life did a quick comparison of the two.



Sunlight, no flash.
L-R: Mash, AYQaC, Mash, AYQaC

Natural light, no flash.
L-R: Mash, AYQaC, Mash, AYQaC

Sunlight, no flash.
L-R: Mash, AYQaC, Mash, AYQaC

And some closer shots:

Sunlight, no flash.
L-R: AYQaC, Mash, 

Natural light, no flash.
L-R. AYQaC, Mash, 

Sunlight, no flash.
L-R: AYQaC, Mash

      Anyone would be justified in owning both of these guys, because they look quite different.  At Your Quebec and Call seemed to have more gold in its shimmer and Mash's base color is darker, greener and more saturated. The bright center, dark edges effect was also much less pronounced in At Your Quebec and Call.
     In terms of formula, I found Mash easier to apply...the pigmentation was better and I felt that it was more controllable than At Your Quebec and Call. And finally, I think that Mash looked better on me than At Your Quebec and Call did, so Mash was the clear winner in my book.
     I can't imagine ever wanting to wear At Your Quebec and Call when Mash is an option, so with a slightly heavy heart (because it's so hard to say goodbye ;_;), I will relinquish it to the purge pile.


Which one do you like best? o_o