Friday, May 6, 2011

Zoya Kelly

          So, as many of you probably know (courtesy of Zara from Never Unpolished) May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month. Grey is the patron color or whatever you call it for this cause, which I think is pretty cute, because much of the brain is grey matter. Heehee. Zara is going to be wearing grey nails every day of May, and I thought it would be fun to join in. I can't do it every day like she is. That's dedication, yo. But I'll try to wear it quite often. 
As my first grey of the month, I have Zoya Kelly, from the Wonderful Collection.


Kelly is a dark grey creme with undertones of blue and maybe purple. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    I quite like Kelly. It's a fairly complex shade of grey, and all the undertones make it look different depending on the skin tone of the wearer and the lighting conditions. This dynamism is what makes Kelly fun and sets it apart from other grey cremes. I also think that the darker tone of it gives it a more refined, modern, and chic feel. And if I do say so myself, it looks really good on my nails. Yeahhh conceited moment. However, I think Kelly has been kind of hyped up as the best Zoya color of life, and in my opinion, it is not alllllll of that. I could think of some other Zoyas that I'd name as must-haves before Kelly. But with that being said, it really is nice color and I don't own anything quite like it, so I will be giving it a permanent home among my children.
  As far as formula goes, Kelly was fab. I only needed two coats for opaque, creme-y deliciousness, and I also found the dry time to be quite good.