Monday, May 30, 2011

OPI Bring on the Bling

       So this past weekend was my mommy's 50th birthday, and to celebrate, our family threw her a big party. Such an occasion requires serious glittah, plus gold was one of the theme colors for the party, so I went with OPI Bring on the Bling, from the Burlesque Collection.

Bring on the Bling is a ton of multi-colored, multi-shaped, and multi-sized glitter in a clear base. There's mostly   cool-toned gold glitter, but there is also blue, orange, fuchsia, green and silver in there too.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Bring on the Bling is awesomee. It's pretty much a gold version of Mad as a Hatter, so it's got bling, pops of color and general insanity. But one thing about Bring on the Bling that I really liked was the rather unique shade of gold that OPI chose as the main color. It's kind of pale and almost a little caramelly, and in the bottle, I was kind of scared of it. But on the nail, it's really quite pretty and flattering. So yeah, me gusta!
   The formula for this polish was typical glitter bomb fare, in that it went on fairly smoothly and dried quickly. I used four coats of color for total coverage and two layers of topcoat for a really smooth finish. So yeah, it was kind of alot of work, but that didn't annoy me. What did annoy me was the terrible wear I got out of Bring on the Bling. Just two days in, and there are already chips galore. OPI glitters never wear well on me anyway, but it's still pisses me off when this happens. -___-

And that's all from me today!! Thanks for reading, and if you celebrate Memorial Day, I hope you're enjoying it! If not, then I wish you a great Monday all the same. n_n