Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cult Nails Living Water

     Today, I've got on Living Water, from Cult Nails. And I apologize in advance for any random copper sparklies that you see...somehow, bits of my eyeshadow ended up in the pictures. I have no idea how or why.  -_____-

Living Water is a blackened and murky blue jelly base with lots of small sky blue and emerald green square glitter.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

    I love Living Water...it's such a beautiful and unique color. It was conceived by Tierney, from Tier's Thoughts, and her inspiration was phosphorescence in the ocean, which completely comes across in this polish. The base is really dark blue, to the point where it reads black most of the time, much like ocean water at night. And the glitter isn't the kind that sparkles, rather, it glows and flashes from the depths of the base. It looks better in low light than it does in sunlight, which is a tad bit disappointing, given the fact that spring is just around the corner. But when cold and dark weather returns, I'll definitely be reaching for Living Water again. I wouldn't call it a must have color for everyone, but it's surely something special. If you like glitter and/or blue polish, and don't mind the price, I do recommend picking it up. And you also get to support another nail blogger's dream, which is nice. 
   Living Water also boasts an excellent formula. It was super easy to apply, with no dragging, streaking, or other such things. It also had the perfect pigmentation, only needing two coats to achieve full opacity and depth. However, it dried really matte and gritty, so it will definitely need lots of topcoat. I went with a layer of Gelous, a layer of China Glaze stinky stuff, and then a layer of Seche Vite, because the stinky stuff wasn't shiny enough. So also make sure to use a high quality topcoat, because Living Water didn't give me the polish nirvana that I was looking for until I busted out the SV. 
  ETA: Ooh, I forgot to mention that Living Water is a pricey polish. It's $10, and while I personally can see the price reflected in the color and the quality of the polish, that's still mad money for a bottle of nail polish. So think before you buy, kay?

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a lovely day! ^_^