Saturday, March 12, 2011

A-England Lady of the Lake

           Hey guys!! My computer issues are finally over, and I finally got some sunlight and time, so to celebrate, I have on Lady of the Lake, from A-England's Mythicals Collection. 

Lady of the Lake is a dusty, blue-based purple with a scattered holographic effect. 

Sunlight, no flash. 
This is the one picture where the color came out accurately, so just imagine that all the pictures are this color. ^_^; 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

`
       I really like Lady of the Lake. I find the dusky shade of purple lovely and unique, and of course, I love the holo finish. It's not particularly strong, so you won't see it all the time, but in the right light, it's beautiful. 
       Lady of the Lake's formula was also beautiful. It was the perfect thickness and went on  ultra-smoothly, with no streaking or dragging. The polish was also excellently pigmented, only needing two thin coats to reach opacity. And like many other holo polishes, it dried fast and shiny, without the assistance of topcoat. 
   Really, the only bad thing about this polish is the price. They're 9.5 pounds a pop, which translates roughly to 15 -16 USD. So yeah, it's expensive. Just as costly as some Lippmanns and almost as costly as RBL. But with the quality of the polish combined with the beautiful color, great holo effect, and excellent customer service that I received, I felt like I got my money's worth.  Plus it was my birthday. So if you have a splurge coming and can swing it, I'd definitely recommend picking up Lady of the Lake.

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a happy Saturday! ^_^