Saturday, March 19, 2011

Zoya Gilda

             Lol, after all those greens, I thought it would be nice to roll on over to the other side of the color wheel, so for today, I've got Gilda, from Zoya's Sparkle Collection.


Gilda is made up of  small, light pink, flat, and metallic particles in a sheer hot pink base. 
The particles come together to form a sparkly-foilish finish, like the others in this collection.

Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

    As of late, I've been craving hot pink polish. I don't know why, but I really like them now.  So even though I passed on Gilda initially, I went back for it later, and I'm glad that I did. The color is fun and summery and the sparkling flecks of shimmer makes it look so luxe. I feel like I should instruct people to call me Miss Kitty when I have this on my nails....I don't know why, but it makes me think of a a blonde, big-haired lady named Miss Kitty. I fully recognize that I have issues. 
   Formula-wise, Gilda went on smoothly, although I was annoyed at how thin it was. I needed four coats to get the opacity that I like, which is generally more than I like to do. So next time, I will use a milky base coat underneath and that should make it easier. 

And that's all I've got for today! Thanks for reading and have a lovely Saturday!!