Monday, March 21, 2011

Cult Nails My Kind of Cool Aid

    For today, I have my other Cult Nails polish, My Kind of Cool Aid.


My Kind of Cool Aid is a greyish lavender creme with a subtle silver shimmer. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       My Kind of Cool Aid is a nice color. I like Living Water much better, but this isn't bad. The base color is fairly complex, and will take on a more lavender, grey, or blue cast depending on the lighting, although I found that it pulled more grey on me overall. My favorite part of it would probably have the be the really subtle shimmer that runs through it...it's so pretty and is what sets My Kind of Cool Aid apart from the many similar colors that were released this past Fall and Winter. I love how it looks when it catches the light...like really finely crushed glass. However, it's a minor detail, and I don't get to see it nearly enough to make me really love this shade. So my recommendation would be to only get this one if you really like this type of color. If not, then feel free to skip it. 
      Although I'm not so crazy about the color, My Kind of Cool Aid had a fantastic formula. It was opaque in two super smooth coats, leveled itself really nicely, and dried fairly quick. I was kind of surprised too, because it's a lighter color and I feel like they generally don't apply very well, but My Kind of Cool Aid was perfect. 

And that's all I've got for today!! Thanks for reading, and have a great day! ^_^