Monday, March 28, 2011

OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It + China Glaze Crushed Candy

       Firstly, sorry about the last post. Some of you may have noticed that it went poof, and the reason for that was the pictures were really inaccurate, and it felt like a lie to leave them up. But anyway, for today, I have OPI It's Totally Fort Worth It, from their Texas Collection. 

Fort Worth It is a slightly frosty lavender toned silver base with teeny, light pink microglitter running throughout.
The stupid glitter refused to show its sparkly little face in any of the pictures, but it does show in real life.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. 

       I think I'm kind of ambivalent about this polish. The silvery-lavender color is very pretty, as is the hazy, nebulous quality of it. Also, the pink microglitter is fun and sparkles so nicely in the sun. But for me, it doesn't feature prominently enough, and I don't like the finish of Fort Worth It. I think they needed to use this guazy-type of finish to make the pink glitter work, but it's still not very nice. It's kind of brushstroke-y and unless you look at your hands from far away, it looks kind of messy. So yeah...meh on this one. 
       Fort Worth It's formula was okay for me. It was sheer, so what you see is four coats, and I had to give it a few minutes between coats or drag and bubbles abounded, but besides those, there were no issues.

      So then, I got bored right, and decided to do some crack.

 I used a thin layer of China Glaze Crushed Candy. 

Sunlight, no flash.

   And that is all I've got for today! Thanks for reading, and have a nice Monday! ^_^