Saturday, May 22, 2010

L.A. Colors Radioactive

            I still have one more Zoya left to do, but I just wanted to take a quick break from the brand. Today, I got to try out L.A. Colors Radioactive, from the Craze line. This came from the same family as Nuclear Energy, although they look 100% different from one another.


Radioactive is a light blue polish with a strong, sea-green shimmer. I didn't get any of the green shimmer and this picture is crappay, but it's there. Although the color is bold and vibrant, the overall effect is more mermaid-y than...radioactive.
And sorry for the bubbles and stuff. I'm going to try to remove the patch this evening, so I can apply a better one.

Sunlight, no flash. 


Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash. 

     While Radioactive is not the most revolutionary or eye-catching color, it's pretty! It's simple, bright, and fun to wear. The shade of blue is nice too. I normally don't like light blues (especially pastels), but I do like how this one looks with my skin. It reminds me of China Glaze's Beauty and the Beach, but more muted and with less of a shimmer. Like...Beauty and the Beach is a more radioactive version of Radioactive. Heehee. 
      The formula for Radioactive wasn't too bad. The brush needed a haircut, and the polish itself was a little thin, but application was fine. The polish spread easily and smoothly, and I used four coats to reach full opacity, which I actually didn't mind.