Saturday, May 22, 2010

Zoya Adina

            Adina (from the Reverie Collection) is another Zoya that I tried out today. lol, yes...at the moment, I have quite a bit of time on my hands. smh.


Adina is another strong duochrome. She's mostly silvery-lavender, but also has a strong green shimmer and flashes pink.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Shaded sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash. Behold the pink.

     With Adina, I had a funny time. Immediately after putting it on, I did not like it. I'm not sure why...I just didn't get that...angels singing type feeling. Blasphemy, I know. But I wore Adina as a full mani, and she eventually grew on me. I think I was expecting something a little darker and greyer, and was just taken aback by how pale a lavender this is. But once I acclimated to that, everything was gravy. The color scheme is lovely and the lavender, green, and pink work together nicely. Also, the colors combined with the shimmer makes Adina kind of dreamy...almost ethereal even. Adina does mean gentle and delicate, so once again...dead on, Zoya! I'd love to try it under one of the floral Bundle Monster plates.
   The formula on Adina was great. Smooth and easy. I used my Seche Ridge Filler again, and after two coats of that, Adina was opaque in three coats. 
   
And completely unrelated to nail polish, look at what my little sister made in ceramic class! At the beginning of the semester, she  said that she would make me a piggy, but somehow, she ended up with this cute, yet strange creature:




I have noo idea what this mouthless, noseless creature is. She says it's a monkey. I think it looks like a cross between a panda, a lemur, and the abominable snowman. Either way, I love it! lmao, it's so cute and indescribable.