Monday, May 3, 2010

Revlon Bubble Gum

           Even though there isn't a drop of sunlight outside, it's sweltering hot. So I suppose it's fitting that I'm wearing Bubble Gum, from the Scents of Summer Collection today. It's a perfect color for warm weather, and a great antidote to a gloomy day. And luckily for me, today is both. *rolls eyes*


Bubble Gum is a deep, saturated hot pink creme. I'd consider it a grown up Barbie pink.

Natural light, no flash. 

Natural light, no flash.

     Pictures are extra crap-tastic today, because of the light. or lack thereof. I'll probably be retaking these on a brighter, sunnier day, because none of these are quite as vibrant as Bubble Gum looks on the nail. As far as the color of the polish goes, I like it! It's cheery and bright. And it doesn't make me feel like I'm twelve. While I'll never be too old for glitter, I do feel like a little kid in certain shades of pink. Thankfully, this one manages to miss that mark.
  Also, I like the smell on this one.It reminds me of the summer when I was eight and had just finished reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. For some inexplicable reason, I wanted to be like Violet Beauregarde, so for the rest of the summer, I used up all my allowance on bubble gum flavored bubble gum. I lived in a bubble gum-scented cloud for three straight months, until I fell asleep on the couch with a huge ball of gum in my mouth. It fell out, and I'm a wild sleeper, so I rolled all over it. When I woke up from my nap, I had gum in my hair, on my face, on my clothes, on the couch....just everywhere. My mom had to use half a jar of Vaseline to get it off, and she was so pissed that she stopped giving me allowance. And I couldn't have any gum for the rest of the year. Not even a Chiclet or stick of Juicy Fruit. I was so sad, lmao! So basically, sniffing this polish makes me laugh right out loud.
   And the application of this is much easier than Peach Smoothie. I didn't have trouble with streaks or dragging. I wouldn't say that my nails painted themselves, but it wasn't bad. The pictures are all with three coats, and one layer of Poshe.