Monday, May 10, 2010

Nubar 2010

           Today, I was supposed to post Color Club Groove Thang, from the Musique Collection. Although I adore the color, my camera seems not to agree. In all the pictures I took, Groove Thang came out black, which is a shame. So I slapped Nubar 2010 over Groove Thang, and that came out much better. Yay for turning lemons into lemonade!


Nubar 2010 is made of strongly polychromatic, multi-sized flakes in a clear base. 

Sunlight, no flash. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Nubar 2010 is gorgeous, and my pictures are mere shadows of what it really looks like. The flakes show red, orange, yellow, and green, and change with the slightest movement of the hand. Some of the flakes are specks and others are Nfu-Oh sized, which ensures that no two nails will look exactly the same. And although the base looks cloudy in the bottle, it goes on clear and allows the flakes to have maximum contrast. This polish is so dynamic. lol, I can't stop flexing and staring at my hands!
    And the application was great. The pictures are with two coats of Groove Thang and one coat of Nubar 2010. I didn't put any topcoat on the Nubar though. Anyway, the polish went on smoothly, didn't lift any color from the Groove Thang, and the flake payoff was good. 
    I only bought one bottle, but if Nubar has another sale, I'll definitely be going for a back-up. I love, love, love Nubar 2010!