Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rescue Beauty Lounge Anne

           For today, I have Anne from Rescue Beauty Lounge's the Real Housewives of the Tudor Dynasty Collection. I actually wore this for a few days, and then took it off to try out Revlon Perplex. But since I had time and nowhere to go today, I put it back on and finally took pictures.


Anne is a murky, deep olive green base with multi-sized gold and fuchsia shimmer. 
The base color here is way too dark, but it was the only lighting where the shimmer accurately showed up. The other pictures are color accurate, but unfortunately, don't really do this polish justice.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       I don't know how many of you guys are fans of Showtime's The Tudors, but if you are, then you might remember a quote from a scene between Tom Boleyn and Anne. In it, he says, "There's something deep and dangerous in you, Anne. Those eyes of yours are like dark hooks for the soul." This polish immediately brought that quote to mind for me. It's dark and dangerous looking, but at the same time, it's so beautiful and complex that it immediately attracts you and doesn't let go. The base color is one of those confusing ones that can look green, brown, or grey depending on the way that the light hits it, and while subtle, the shimmer is wonderful. It mesmerizes in sunlight and in lower lighting, it gives the polish an incredible depth and sense of opulence that just makes me want to stare all day. I really love Anne the polish. Like...for real. Anne the person was my second favorite Tudor wife (which is what pushed me to purchase this color), and Ji did an absolutely killer job interpreting her. It's gorgeous, and I don't even care that it looks not so good on me.
      Anne also boasts a perfect formula. Some of the reviews on the site complained that their bottles were a little too thick, but that wasn't a problem for me at all. Anne was the perfect consistency and applied smoothly and easily...there was no dragging, bubbling, or other sorts of polish tomfoolery. And it was extremely well-pigmented, being perfectly opaque in two coats. In the pictures, there are two coats of polish and one layer of topcoat. Also, this is another one where you will want to break out your shiniest, glassiest topcoat, as it will really showcase the polish.
    I did buy Anne in the sale, but as many of you know, it wasn't actually on sale, which means it was listed at $18. I still feel like I got a bit of a discount, because if you divide the amount of polishes I got by my order total, it comes out to about $12 per polish. But even if that hadn't been the case, I wouldn't have regretted this purchase at all. $18 is a shitload of money for one polish, but to me,(and I can't believe I'm saying this) Anne is 100% worth it. If you've been lemming it and know that it would make you happy, I'd actually recommend grabbing it, maybe as an early Christmas present to yourself. Especially since according to Ji, Anne is almost gone. 

That's all I've got for today though. Have an awesome Sunday night, guys!