Monday, November 1, 2010

Color Club Pretty in Platinum

           Yay, it's November! Can you believe the year's already winding down? I feel like it just started a month ago. But anyway, for today, I've got Color Club Pretty in Platinum from the fairly recently released Untamed Luxury Collection. Pretty in Platinum was featured here before as part of Konad designs or under nail art, but I thought it should be posted on its own. 


Pretty In Platinum is a crisp, platinum grey, shimmery polish. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash. 

       Pretty in Platinum is interesting. As a color, I  like it very much. I tend to avoid white polish for anything besides stamping, because I just hate how it looks. But Pretty in Platinum gets a pass due to its silvery-grey tone and the shimmer, which make it much softer and more wearable than some of the more basic whites. I also think it makes my nails look longer too. It looks a little crazy on me because the color is too cool and pale for my skin, but for a person who looks good in white polish, Pretty in Platinum would be perfect. 
    Formula-wise, Pretty in Platinum gave me a little bit of a rough time. It was a bit streaky and I had trouble getting it to level out, as you can see from the corners and tops of my nails. However, it is really well-pigmented...it was pretty opaque in one coat. I used two to try to even out the streaks, but if someone was really good at applying polish, they could get away with one thick coat. It also dries really fast...I used topcoat in these pictures, but it was drying at a good pace even before I put that on. 
   And because of the opaqueness and quick drying time, Pretty in Platinum makes for a wonderful color to use in nail art, both for stamping, and as a base for designs. I'm not sure how it would look if it were used as underwear for sheer polish, but I imagine it would be good for that as well. The shimmer is subtle enough that it probably wouldn't interfere with any polish that got put over it. And for the price, I'd say it'd be worth buying just for art purposes...that why I initially bought it anyway, and I've been pretty satisfied so far.

And this is completely unrelated to this color, but you know who is hot? 

Gerard Butler.
I was watching Gamer last night while munching on mah candies, and yo...he is freaking hot. @_@

And that's all for today! Have a great day, and don't forget about the Rescue Beauty Lounge sale!