Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Zoya Rina

     Hi guys! With Thanksgiving behind us, the next big holiday is Christmas, which is also my favorite holiday!! It also helps that there is always an abundance of glitter polishes released around this time, and I am the biggest glitter whore ever. One of those collections this year was Zoya's Gems and Jewels Collection, and for you all today, I have Rina from that collection.


Rina is made of emerald green bar and square microglitter, as well as a sprinkling of holographic bar glitter. The holo glitter isn't too obvious, but if you look really close, you can see it.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Artificial light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.
This picture shows a little more of the holo glitter. 


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

       I've never been a big fan of bar glitter, but Rina has totally made a believer out of me. It's so pretty and sparkly, and I love the richness of the shade of green. It looks like sparkling pine needles in a magical forest. Or tinsel, if you wanna be boring about it. Either way, it's gorgeous and absolutely screams Christmas! My only complaint is that I wish the holographic glitter was a little more prominent, because when I do see it, I love it, but I almost never see it. But that's a minor thing. 
       Rina's formula was pretty good. It was opaque in three coats, which is what you see in the pictures, and it dried pretty quickly and smoothly. I ended up using two layers of top coat, but I think it would have done fine with two. The only thing is that it looks kind of patchy before it gets opaque, so I definitely would not want to layer this over anything, except for maybe another green. In that way, I'd say Rina is a little...limited, I guess. And that's not fun. Also, it was messy to apply...it gunked up alot around the bottle neck and after I finished polishing, I had to go back and file the sharp bits of glitter off my tips. But once all that was done, it was totally worth it.

And that's all from me today!! Thanks for reading, and have an awesome day!