Saturday, November 19, 2011

Revlon Facets of Fuchsia

Hi guys!! Long time, no see right? School has been kicking the living shit out of me, but thank goodness break is around the corner and then the semester is almost over. Anyway, for today, I have Revlon's Facets of Fuchsia. Yess, I know that everyone has seen it already, but I only just got around to wearing it, so yeah. 


Facets of Fuchsia is fuchsia large and small hex glitter, suspended in a black jelly base. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Ottlite, no flash.

Ottlite, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

      Facets of Fuchsia is nice! It's simple but looks pretty and the colors work well together. However, it's definitely not as eye-catching as it ought  to be. With it being a dupe for DL's Bad Romance, I immediately started mentally comparing it to my other DL glitters and they are way sparklier. Maybe Revlon used a lower quality glitter or maybe Bad Romance is just not as sparkly as its brethren (in which case, I'm glad I held out on it), but either way, I'm a bit disappointed in that aspect of the polish. But  besides that, I liked it. And I love that it saved me some good money. 
     Facets of Fuchsia had a good formula. It went on smoothly, the glitter wasn't problematic to apply or spread evenly, and it dried pretty quickly. However, it did need extra topcoat...I only used one because I was running short on time, but it really could have done with two or three. I also did some layering over this, so stay tuned for that!
*Spoiler alert: It didn't turn out awesome.*

And with that, I am all done for today! Thanks for reading (and for sticking with me even though I've been the worst blogger in life lately) and have an awesome weekend!!