Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Zoya Sarah

          I had another weird craving for red polish, so I decided to try out Zoya Sarah, from the Flame Collection. I've been trying to wear this color for a while now, but it always bubbles up and then I get mad, remove it, and throw it into a corner of my bin. This time was no different, except for that I just gave up and accepted the bubbles. So sorry about those in advance. ^_^


Sarah is a ruby red base with flat, multi-sized bits of dark red and gold shimmer. The overall look is this multi-dimensional, sparkling metallic finish.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    Sarah is a pretty girl! I was a little bit sad because it wasn't as sparkly as I'd hoped, but Sarah more than redeems itself in regular light. It has this incredible glow that comes out of nowhere and forces me to keep on looking at my hands. Also, in regular light, you can actually see the little pieces of sparkle better, so it looks crazy deep. My only complaint is that sometimes, it looks magenta, and I actually like Sarah's shade of red. I don't want it to look magenta. :(
   Oh yeah, and I don't like the name! Firstly, because it doesn't even fit this color...the name Sarah means princess, which I definitely do not get out of this polish. And secondly, my track record with Sarahs has been less than stellar.  Some of them I hated, many got on my last nerve, and a few, I was indifferent to. But I've never liked any of them, so the name of this polish isn't very pleasant to me. (No offense to any Sarahs out there.)
    In terms of application, Sarah is almost perfect. It was opaque in two ultra-smooth coats (a careful person might manage a single thick one) and dried quickly. I barely had to do any cleanup either, because it was so controllable. My only problem with Sarah is the bubbles. Every single time I've tried to wear it, even when I've gone basecoat-less, it has bubbled up on me. I think it just hates me, which is unfortunate but poetic, given my attitude about Sarahs. 

But that's all I've got for now! Thanks for reading, and have an awesome day! ^_^