Monday, January 3, 2011

Finger Paints Icy Iris

           I was in a purple-y mood, so I've got on Icy Iris, from Finger Paints' Holiday 2009 Collection. 


Icy Iris is a deep and rich purple base packed with flat, multi-sized shimmer. The shimmer comes in shades of amethyst and this redder purple that I can't really describe. Anyway, it also shows red. You might have to enlarge the pictures to see that though.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

     Icy Iris was a giant lemming of mine for quite some time. It felt really good to finally be able to get a bottle, and it feels even better to wear it and see that it was totally worth all the agony. Icy Iris is lovely. The base is dark without looking black, and provides plenty of contrast for the shimmer. The shimmer itself is insanely dynamic. It's extra sparkly in bright sunlight, shows a bunch of colors, and makes the polish glow in lower light. So beautiful. ^_^
    I was also very pleased with Icy Iris' formula. It was quite smooth to apply, didn't bubble at all, and was very well pigmented. In two coats of polish, I got perfect coverage. And the polish dried really quickly and smoothly, which impressed me, given how sparkly it looked. I was definitely expecting at least a hint of texture, but there wasn't any. However, it did dry a bit dull, which was easily remedied with the addition of a thin layer of glossy topcoat. 

And that is all I've got for today!! Have a great Monday, guys! :D