Saturday, January 15, 2011

BB Couture Antony

           I have an obsession with BB Couture. I love their bottles, their cute little coat of arms, their collection themes, their polish names, and most of all, their colors. The only thing that prevents me from owning a ton of BB Couture is the price...$9 a pop is just a bit rich for my blood. But thanks to a recent sale by Overall Beauty, I was able to grab a few precious colors. One of them was Antony, from the For Men half of the Infamous Lovers Collection. (I'm aware that the label says Anthony, but I'm just gonna stick to Antony. Anthony makes me think of Marc Anthony, which makes me think of Skeletor, and I'd rather not go down that road.)


Antony is a slightly green-leaning peacock blue creme base with lots of small multi-colored shimmer. The dominant colors in the shimmer are turquoise and purple, and from far away, you only really see the turquoise. Unfortunately, the shimmer doesn't show up that well here, but they're in the other pictures. Although you may have to enlarge to see it. As always, beware the cuticles. -__-

This angle shows more of the colors in the shimmer.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

       I must confess that I only bought Antony because I bought Cleopatra. To me, they're the only couple in the collection where both of the people were kickass. The other couples in the collection (except for Carla and Michael, cuz I don't know them folks) were a hot mess. Adam ratted out Eve to God + Eve got Adam into mad trouble, Clyde was a crook who got Bonnie into a life of crime, John Smith and Pocahantas weren't even together and if they had been, then that would make John Smith totally a child molester, and Romeo was lame and stupid + he made Juliet dead. But Mark Antony and Cleopatra were awesome. They kind of got each other killed in the end, but they were great people and seemed to have a wonderful life together, so I didn't want one to be without the other. Corny, but true. 
       Luckily for me though, Antony turned out to be a great pickup...I'm glad I have it. The base color is gorgeous and saturated (a nice change from all the muted stuff out now) and changes a bit according to the light. Also, the shimmer looks awesome 100% of the time. In sunlight, you get multi-colored sparkly goodness, and then in lower light, it like..floats on top of the base, looking all glowy and magical. I couldn't get a good picture of that, but it's beautiful. 
      In terms of application, Antony was okay. The formula was a tad bit thin and runny for my taste, but it was surprisingly well-pigmented, becoming opaque in two coats. However, I used three coats in the end, because the third coat gave the polish some really nice depth. It dried fast, shiny, and smooth, but I added topcoat anyway out of habit. 

And that is all I've got for today. Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends! :D