Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rescue Beauty Lounge Locavore

          Happy December 1st! Before I get on with the polish, I just want to take a quick minute and give a shoutout to Rosa Parks. Today marks the 55th anniversary of her not giving up her seat for a white passenger, which sparked a huge bus boycott, which resulted in a landmark victory for the African American civil rights movement. It's not a real holiday or anything, but I wanted to mention it, because I think it's pretty cool.
     For today, I have Rescue Beauty Lounge Locavore, from the Spring Bling Collection. I've been wearing it since Sunday night, just waiting for the clouds and rain to go away, so I could finally get some pictures. So please excuse any chips or tipwear that you may see.


Locavore is small pale peridot green, fuchsia, and turquoise hex glitter in a clear base.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.
Sparkleh. *_*

Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.

          For a while now, I've suspected that Locavore was the very best color that Ji Baek ever came up with. But now that I'm wearing it on my hands, I'm 100% positive of that. This isn't to say that other Rescue Beauty Lounge colors are ugly or anything, but as far as I'm concerned, none of them can hold an ember to Locavore. It's pure perfection. The shade of green is unusual, and I like how it looks with my skin. I also love the little pops of color from the fuchsia and blue glitter, especially when they happen to catch the light. But most of all, I love like...the overall effect that Locavore has. It isn't one of those glitters that are ridiculous all the time and don't know how to act. Locavore is a classy bitch. When I was in class or at work, it was well-behaved, sparkling just enough to catch the eye, but mostly just showing off all its pretty colors. However, when I got it into the sun, Locavore unleashed it's inner sparkly freak and made my glitter ho heart sing. It sounded like this:



    Locavore's formula was okay. It went on smoothly and dried quick, which I think is typical of glitters in clear bases. My only complaint is that I would have liked even moah glitter, so that the polish would have more even coverage. The pictures are with three coats of polish, and two layers of topcoat (one Gelous and one SH Insta-Dri - don't sleep on that!) and I still have some bald spots. From far away, you can't see them, but close up, you can. And when I hold my hands up, my tips look like this:
     
No bueno.
 Maybe it would have been better to do four coats, but I didn't want to use up my precious. So going forward, I may try to use this over a base of some kind. Maybe a silver. But on the upside, I really like how Locavore wore...I do have some chips and tipwear, but for three or so days (one of them being travel), it's held up pretty well. 

And that's all I've got for you guys today! Have an awesome night!