Monday, December 20, 2010

Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine

           Today, I'm gonna keep the Rescue Beauty Lounge party going (it's been going for a long time, huh?) with Catherine, from The Real Housewives of the Tudor Dynasty Collection. 


Catherine is a smoky, greyish grape purple creme base with a ton of fine, gold iridescent shimmer. Interspersed among that stuff is small bits of turquoise and fuchsia shimmer. I think the pictures will have to be enlarged to see the detail. Or what little my camera could catch anyway.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

       Catherine was based off Henry's first (and my absolutely favorite) wife, Catherine of Aragon. She always seemed to me to be such a classy and good-hearted person, even when Henry was treating her like poop. I would have ripped both his and Anne's faces off and damn the consequences, but she didn't do that, and I admire her for it. Which is why it pains me to say that I don't think Catherine is that...great. I actually like Anne better. *hangs head* I mean...Catherine's not ugly. The base color is attractive and complex, shifting from pure purple to more grey and even a bit brown-y, depending on the light. And in bright sunlight, you get to enjoy the shimmer. But when not in bright sunlight, Catherine appears rather flat. It still has this richness to it, but somehow lacks the depth of Anne. Maybe because the shimmer isn't as apparent or contrasting? I don't know. But it breaks my heart. :(
   Formula-wise, Catherine is right on par with Anne. It was smooth, lovely, and richly pigmented. In the pictures, I used two coats and one layer of topcoat, but a careful person could easily get away with one thick coat. And dry time was excellent. I was messing with my hair like twenty minutes after application, and there are no dings or anything. 
   I bought this during the RBL sale, which took some of the edge off the price. But if I could go back in time, I'd tell myself maybe not to buy Catherine. I don't think I really regret buying it because I do like it and it is pretty. But it just isn't giving me everything I wanted...like it's giving me this delicious plate of lasagna, but there's no garlic bread on the side. :(

But anyway, that's all all I've got for today! If you all will excuse me, I'm about to go luxuriate all over my bed, because I just had my last final and for the first time in forever, I have NO homework to do. ^______^