Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Concrete Kiss Miss Piggy

            Yesterday, I finally got a chance to change my polish, so I picked this pink glitter that I found at Mandee. They always have the most obscure, random brands. It was a dollar, and I thought it would be a dupe for OPI's Teenage Dream (it's not), so I got it. It doesn't have a real name, but I'm calling it Miss Piggy, because it reminds me of her. I know it's a lame name, but it's better than Pink Glitter, I think. 


Miss Piggy is a mixture of small, pale pink hex glitter and larger holographic hex glitter in a clear base.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash.


Natural light, no flash.


Sunlight, no flash. 

      Miss Piggy is okay. It's really dazzling in direct sunlight, but in regular light, the shade of pink really comes out, and I don't think I like it very much. It's a bit too cool and pale for my skin. So if I keep it, I'll probably only wear it when I know that I'll be in the sun all day. 
     Applying it was a little bit tough, because it was extremely sheer. In the pictures, I used four thick coats, and I had to dab on the polish to make sure that it covered properly.  This is definitely better suited for layering than wearing on its own. Also, it greedily devours any topcoat that it put into its path. :(

   And unrelated to this polish, I went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History on Sunday. It wasn't by choice...I had to go and do a ten-page homework assignment. It was awful...I was trying to do my assignment, and people kept coming over, asking what I was doing. o_O Some of them thought that I worked there and were asking me how to get to all these exhibits. And then there were a million little kids crashing into my legs and shoving me. I will never go to the Smithsonian on a weekend again, amenz. But I did get to see some cool stuff.

Like this sloth...can you believe they were that big?! (there's a fully sized female tourist in the corner for scale.)

And these pieces of jewelry. I forgot who wore what, but this stuff used to belong to rich royal people. 


Bonus? Children have no interest in gems, so the exhibit was so peaceful. No screaming, no crying, no parents begging their children to be quiet and no terrified parents searching for their renegade children. It made everything like...that much more beautiful. 

But the best thing I saw all day?
The Hope Diamond!
I took a million pictures, and they were all bad, so I just took a video and called it a day.
Ahhh, it was so gorgeous....I wanted to like...smash my fist through the glass and steal it.
I know stealing is bad though, so I didn't do it. 

I have a final on Friday, so I've gotta go prepareth myself for that. Thanks for reading, and have an awesome night!