Friday, June 11, 2010

Sorryy!!!

          Whee, it's been a while. I hope everyone had an excellent week and is getting ready to enjoy their weekend. I've been MIA because long story short, I got into a huge fight with my mom and it made me really mad. So I started watching Spartacus: Blood and Sand to take my mind off it, and ended up hopelessly entangled in that madness. I have done pretty much nothing this week but watch that show. I didn't even do my nails, so I still don't have anything new to post, but there are some  things (one a polish, the other a fauxnad) that I haven't posted yet. So first, I'll do the polish and then the fauxnad. This is Nubar Prevail, from the Modern Matte Collection.


Prevail is a slightly shimmery, deep eggplant matte polish. It has a little grey in there too.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

    I'm a total fan of Prevail. The shade of purple is really rich and royal, as well as unique. And I really like how it's a true, flat, matte without appearing too chalky or gross like some mattes can. 
   Application gave me a little bit of trouble though. Prevail didn't instantly dry like my other mattes, which in theory should have made it easier to apply. But instead, I had lots of problems with dragging and consequent bald spots. That said, I am not used to working with this type of matte, so it really could just be my inexperience that led to the problem and not so much the formula itself. 

  And I also wanted to show the mani that I ended up wearing to my mom's birthday get-together. I intended to wear China Glaze Cosmic, but it was ooglay, so I had to nix that plan. In the end, I wore this:

The base is Milani I'm Online, and the stamp is the interlocking ring pattern from BM21. I stamped it on with Color Club After Hours and then covered the whole thing with a layer of Essie Matte About You. I did have to double stamp and there were smudgies here and there, but overall, I was really pleased at how it came out. I got a few compliments on it too! ^_^