Monday, June 7, 2010

Nubar Purple Rain

           Today is looking like a good day...the sun is shining, it's not too hot outside, and I finally got off my butt and did my nails. I'm currently wearing Nubar Purple Rain, which was a color that I was fiending over for a really long time. And then I got it, and it took me about...three months to wear it. lol!


Purple Rain is a deep, mid-range purple jelly base full of round violet (or silver, I really can't tell)  and holographic glitter. My thumb nail (and only my thumb nail o_O) was plagued with bubbles, so this picture kind of sucks. Sorry!

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

     I really love Purple Rain!! It's my favorite kind of purple (dark and rich) and the glitter really sparkles and shines. At the same time, the sparkle is on the subtle side, which adds to Purple Rain's beauty. This is not a glitter polish that will blind your friends, but it'll probably distract you on a sunny day. It's like..glitter polish for adults. If it were dark blue, or if the sky was purple, I'd probably liken this to a night sky full of stars.
    But even though I love Purple Rain as a color, I hated the application of it. The first coat was really streaky, draggy, and all around, just horrible to put on. By the third coat, the polish went on pretty smoothly and easily, but those first two were nothing short of war. That won't deter me from wearing this, because it's just too sexy. But I will not smile or enjoy myself while I'm putting it on. >:o
   I kind of want to Konad over this, but I have to go. Maybe I'll do it when I come back.  I hope everyone is having a great day!