Monday, October 17, 2011

Revlon Mistletoe

       Hi guys! Today, I have the nail blues. Not only did I break a nail and have to nubbinate them all, but I am also wearing a polish color that is displeasing and highly disappointing to me. Here's Mistletoe from Revlon's new Spice it Up Collection.


Mistletoe is a blackened green creme base packed with green and gold microshimmer, as well as larger silver and gold flecks.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Ottlite, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

   I fell crazy in love with Mistletoe in the store, and while I was applying it, I was still excited. But when it dried on the nail?

     
     It just looked like a sludgy mess to me, and lost quite a bit of the sparkle from the green and gold shimmer. To be fair, it does have its flashes of prettiness, but most of the time, it just looks uninteresting and flat. And to make matters worse, it has this gross visual texture. I can't really feel it when I touch it with my fingers, but it looks...bumpy and ripply, even with multiple layers of topcoat. Honestly, it reminds me of diseased toad skin, and I think I want to take it back to the store and get my $6.29 back. I already have Edyta, which is similar but prettier, and at least it actually reads green.
   Mistletoe was okay to apply though. The formula is thick and well-pigmented, so I only needed two coats for full opacity. It also did the Top Speed name justice and dried quickly. I don't know what to do about the texture though...two layers of topcoat didn't make it smooth enough, and I don't believe in using more than that on something that won't pay off. 

If you have Mistletoe, what do you think of it? I don't see too many reviews of it up, so I'm not sure if I'm crazy or if this is really as terrible as I think it is.
But anyway, that's all from me today. Thanks for reading, and have a great Monday!