Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sally Hansen Grape Going!

         For today, I've got another Sally Hansen polish. This time, it's Grape Going! (damn unnecessary punctuation) from their Insta-Dri Line.


Grape Going! is kind of hard to put into words. I guess it's a violet purple, metallic-ish looking base, with bright blue, iridescent shimmer floating on top of it. The shimmer also has a duochrome shift to it, where it goes from blue to purple. 

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

    I think Grape Going! doesn't get as much attention as it deserves, because it's truly a lovely polish. And I know I'm gonna get beat up for this, but it's really what I hoped RBL Scrangie would be. In sunlight, the blue shimmer catches the light and stands out so beautifully from the base, but it's in regular light where Grape Going! really shines. With every movement of my fingers, the shades of blue and purple in the polish shift and flow smoothly over my nails, and the shimmer floating above it all gives Grape Going! this dreamy, fairytale-like quality that I just love. It's just so pretty, and especially if you can catch a sale, the price is really quite good.
   Formula-wise, Grape Going! was okay. It was a bit thin, but the Insta-Dri brush actually helped me with controlling it. It took three coats for full opacity and depth, which was fine, but unfortunately didn't dry as quickly as the bottle would have you believe.

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and have a happy hump day! n_n