Monday, September 5, 2011

Sally Hansen Opulent Cloud

     Hi folks! As some of you may know, I have a slight problem when it comes to rare polish. After painfully lusting after them, hunting them down to the ends of the Earth and finally acquiring them, I can't bring myself to wear them. Instead, I keep them locked tightly in my polish drawer, only taking them out to gently caress them and make sure that they are okay. For today, I have one such polish, Sally Hansen Opulent Cloud.

Opulent Cloud is a silvery-lavender base with lots of golden shimmer.

Sunlight, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash.

Sunlight, no flash.

  Opulent Cloud is just okay for me. I like the slightly fuzzy finish the shimmer brings to it, as well as how Opulent Cloud seems to shift colors according to the lighting. It just has this really nice ephemeral and soft feel to it that I enjoy. But I don't like the actual color. It seems kind of dingy, and I don't think it flatters my skin at all. I'm still going to keep Opulent Cloud though, because it's not ugly and I put in way too many hours hunting it down. Letting it go would be like capturing a unicorn and then setting it free because it kicks you. Just silly, you know?
   Opulent Cloud's formula was also okay. It needed three coats to be perfectly opaque, and went on pretty smoothly, without bubbling, dragging, or brushstrokes. 

And that's all from me today! Thanks for reading, and enjoy your Labor Day!