Friday, March 19, 2010

NOTD: Nicole by OPI Blues In The Night

           Today, I'm wearing Nicole by OPI Blues in the Night. I tried to steer clear of Nicole by OPI colors because I hated the bottles, but some were on sale at TJ Maxx, 2 for $6.99. You can't beat that with a stick, plus some of the colors stole my little heart away, so I scooped them up. There was some drama at checkout (a clerk thought I had stolen something O_O), but inevitably, I brought my babies home. Depending on the weather (I try to save blackened glitter for sunny days) I should have pictures of the rest. But here's Blues in The Night:


Close look at Blues In The Night. The base is black and the shimmer is ostensibly teal. But in certain lights and if you look close, it does flash purple at times. If you look at the other side of the picture, you can see where the purple shows up in the bottle. 

Natural light, no flash.

Natural light, no flash


Bottle shot. The color-changing effect is way more obvious in the bottle (boo!). The shimmer closer to the neck is how it looks most of the time, but the purple and touch of gold at the bottom is what it looks like during those rare flashes. 

  Although I like this color, and had no issues with application, I was so mad! I hate when polishes don't live up to what you see in the bottle. Oh, the deception. ;_;